Saturday, November 18, 2006

Confessions of a Male Shopaholic.

After a whole week of coffee drinking, late night mugging deliriousness, It is in my honour & pleasure, everyone to announce that I have passed my Japanese Intermediate 2 Exam.

Read muah lips: I HAVE PASSED.

*jumps, squeals, shirt lifting over head running around like a fool, stopping strangers on the street waving my exam paper around screeching "I HAVE PASSED!! eyayayayayayahhhhhhhhh!!!!" Madness*

Indeed it is a cause for celebration, seeing that Im so far down the line of my Japanism this bitch would never ever be able to catch up with me. Oh I'm so pawning her alright and make no mistake about that. It feels so good, its better than sex. Hell. This is even better than the time I got stopped 3 times in a row by various modelling companies at orchard road in an hr.
....

Indeed, material things just doesnt give the same kick comeuppance does.

But I digress.

So what does one do anyway after such a powerful rush of uplifting, head addling Euphoria?

Shop of course!

Alright. I have something to confess here. I have more than just a soft spot for retail therapy. My girlfriends call me their 24 hour shopping express standby because Im always ready for any kind of retail. Clothes, shoes, furniture, cutlery, knickers, boxers, coffins etc etc. You name it and I would probably have done it, and bought the T-shirt in matching color too.

Gone are the days when boyfriends stand resolutely outside a clothes shop while their girlfriend in question have to seek such desperate measures to get their man in to try a polo tee from Ralph Lauren, a collar and leash has to be brought into action to persuade said male into the shop.

Not anymore though.

Today, the girlfriend would probably be the one looking like 10 kinds of shite, pussy green in the face standing outside Armani in their killer heels waiting for the turn of the century while their GQ reading boyfriends with the heavy duty hair and manicured nails bury the salesgirl trying shirt after shirt from the season's latest collection.

Although i must say, if that is really the case, the girl sld just dump him and get on with because

a) He might be gay
b)There is only so many mirrors, toilets and wardrobe space to go around.

In my spirited defense, I have to say I aint that intoxicated as it is to shopping. i know when to stop when my wallet reads approximately 85 cents for the bus trip home, not to but another piece in the same colour and design just because I love the shirt so much ( i have only done that once), and not to glam up more than my girlfriend so I dun bling more than her under the sun when we walk together.

Not like Im attached or anything, for that matter.

and no intention to, as it is.

So anyone wanna go shopping on Tuesday?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home