Best Friends.
I really would want to keep an eye on my chocolate intake these days. Had a crunchie and a rum & raisin ritzsport. Way too full to eat lunch and I have a heavy leadened suspicion there goes my dinner too. Talk about eating disorders. jeez.
Percomm lecture was interesting this week. The lecture covered the power of body languages and some fluff on intimate distances which is like very "duh?!"material that was first explained and categorized by some old british fool with too much time on his hands.
Nevertheless it left me thinking.
All of our lives we spent a huge part of it wishing we had a best friend- That special confidante whom you could rely on when the world seemed an ominous place to be in, the one with the shoulder that you could cry your eyes out on, the person who would never say no to a shopping trip when you have no one to go out with on a bright sunny Saturday.
So we trudge on with our lives, keeping our eyes peeled out at the same time should these illusive souls fleet by and create that chemical firzzion and save us from an abyss of loneliness, and never ever be left alone again in a cinema filled with couples while you're the one sad ejit stuffing popcorn in your mouth with a very empty seat beside you.
The funny thing is, potential best friends are always present more often then we thought there are the rare, save-the-pandas species. However judgmentalism and self obsession are blinding, and unfortunately, thats what we all do when we meet someone.
I am lucky. I met mine 5 years ago and at the risk of going all Catherine Cookson on you, I have to say it was probably one of the happiest thing that has happened to me.
Okay thats it. Sop fest is over.
Anyway, I only said it was one of the happiest things. The Happiest Thing has yet to come.
I am waiting.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home