Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Shallowness

I have a question for you guys.

How shallow are we really?

uh huh. That is one tough question to answer. Not so much because you don't know the answer, but answering the question itself in the most politically correct, society accepted way.

Well, I do. And my answer is an unabashful yes. I am quite frightfully shallow. No. I am not proud of it. But at the very least, I am comfortable enough to give such an answer. And I'm trying my best to work at it.

Even though I have to say it is proving to be quite difficult.

Picture this scenario: Its the first day of school. You're frightfully excited, looking forward to the new people that you would be sharing your life with for the next 3 years.

You walk in to the campus.

after much enquiry, you finally meet your classmates. You noe none of them. There's that babe and hunk seating at the far left next to you. An empty seat besides them gives you the very chance to chat up and make frens.

And then, to your far right, seats this obese girl with a fair few of zits,a very glaringly obvious empty row of seats beside her.

Now where would you choose to seat?

I noe the answer to that one myself.

To be completely honest? I would seat with the good-lookers. Sorry.

I did told you. I am quite frightfully shallow.

However, the past year had taught me many things. many things that our society has taught me that it is the more politically correct thing to do even though nobody ever follows them.

I have learnt that sometimes beautiful people does not gurantee an equally beautiful character.

I have learnt that striving for beauty, which holds the illusive promise of happiness, sometimes bring the very opposite of it. Still learning in fact. The hard way.

I have learnt that un-beautiful people sometimes can hold a conversation with me for hours. And me laugh too.

I have learnt that un-beautiful people can sometimes make me feel like they are the most gorgeous person in the whole wide world.

I have learnt that beautiful people gets an unfair advantage in life.

I have also learnt that there are beautiful people out there with an equally beautiful soul inside. But they are a dying breed. And dying faster then i can say " you've got a zit."

i have learnt that everybody are attracted to beautiful people whether they like it or not.

Yes. CMM hasnt though me half as much in theory as compared to spending life in the course of the people in it has. Just as well. perfect reason why my grades hasnt exactly made mummy dearest smile at me and pat "good boy."

But I'm grateful.

Now what I really really want to learn is to see past my own shallowness and get over myself. Life is just way too short for me to spend it on pretty living empty manequins, or become one myself.

And find the guts to approach brainy people, because they are just plain scary. eyikes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home