ME.
Talking to people is just difficult for me. Its A Thing. The same way your skin crawls when u see a worm dangling in front of you and the way saying "giblets" might make you dizzy. Or well, maybe thats just me too.
Please don't expect me to be some english speaking westernized, Vivenne Westwood, Rachel Yamagata loving person. I am just good at writing english. Fullstop. I cannot hold a conversation in english for nuts without slipping back into my mother tongue for more than 2 minutes and I know as much english bands as you would probably know who Tanaka Roma, Monkey Majik and Bennie K are.
Its the wierd funky combination of 30 percent english and 70 percent cheena that turns me into this android whenever I have to come to school every day and I don't deny it. It bloody sucks. Feeling like the biggest anti-social person in the whole of CMM is horrible and I can't even do anything about it because thats just who we are anyway. And I certainly have no intention of changing who I am.
Who am I to fly in the face of tradition anyway?
The moment of getting used to feeling like this is taking a hundred years to arrive. I am still waiting, but I wldnt bet on it arriving anytime this century and I would probably be dead by then. Though if given a choice, I would splat myself all over Chuah Soon Soon's desk so she would have something to remember for a lifetime.
Life isn't supposed to be this hard.
I heart Japan and everything about it. I scored 3 A1s for chinese, higher chinese and english. I never speak english if I can help it. I noe the 7 hokkien curses off the top of my head and can recite the oricon charts backwards and forwards in whichever order you like.
I literally cannot sustain a conversation in english for more than 5 minutes even though I average a novel every week. I am kind, patient and unfortunately introverted. I hate designer labels and their cow monogramed bags. I love Grey's Anatomy. Alot. But I don't believe for one second that life can be like that. I am selectively bitchy and a terrible shopaholic. I think I am intelligent, but sometimes I doubt myself.
........
And someone should come around right now and tell me that I'm not the only alien on this planet. Thank you.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home